Job Title: Conveyancing Paralegal
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a Conveyancing Paralegal to cover property law services for individuals and businesses. The candidate would assist Karen Dodd, the Head of our Conveyancing Department and also handle a caseload of sale, purchase, re-mortgage and commercial property files utilising our case managements system.
Working under supervision, key responsibilities include:
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Provide estimates for conveyancing by telephone, email, by post and in person as required
- Dealing with email, letter, fax and telephone communications promptly
- Deal with routine client enquiries and communications and requests for updates from clients, estate agents, other Solicitors/Licensed Conveyancers and mortgage lenders/brokers
- Maintaining file check lists
- Assisting fee earners with research
- Obtaining documents from the Land Registry and collating documents to include in the Contract pack
- Order all necessary searches as directed by the Fee Earner
- Preparing, reports on title (freehold, leasehold, unregistered), mortgage and search report to be checked and singed off by the supervising fee earner.
- Preparing first drafts of replies to enquires and new enquires on title to be checked by supervising fee earner.
- Exchanging contracts and dealing with completion under supervision.
- Preparation and submission of Stamp Duty Land Transaction Returns
- Preparation and submission of applications to the Land Registry and to promptly deal with any requisitions raised by the Land Registry
- To report to clients and mortgage lenders with completed registration documentation and deeds as required
- Checking and closing files
- Maintaining an adequate and up to date knowledge of the law and practice
- Notifying a partner/HOD as to any complaints received in respect of work undertaken
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all of the firm’s and client documentation and information.
- Comply with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and the SRA and the CML handbook and the Law Society Conveyancing Protocol.
- Maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of the firm.
- Ensuring good working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- Responding promptly and accurately to requests for information concerning case work from Partners, Supervisors and fee-earners.
- Ensuring files are compliant
To apply, please contact Karen Dodd on 01684 216777 / email@example.com
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Department: Private Client
Salary: Dependent on experience
This is a great opportunity for a skilled Legal Secretary to join our Private Client Department.
About the role:
Your role will be to assist our Chris Morgan, Head of Private Client by providing secretarial and administrative support. You may also be required to provide secretarial and administrative support to other fee earners within the Firm.
You responsibilities are to include the following:
- Accurately create and input documents from digital dictation onto the case management system, checking with the Legal Advisor on any unclear details
- Draft straightforward legal documents using the precedents provided, filing documents online where appropriate
- Prioritise and manage workload effectively and ensure deadlines are met
- Manage diaries and ensure clarity around purpose of appointment
- Schedule appointments, arrange meetings, and maintain up-to-date diaries using the appropriate diary function, if requested
- Be pro-active and provide appropriate documentation for the Legal Advisor in advance of the client meeting i.e. retrieve/request documents from store
- When attending to clients who telephone regarding a draft that has been sent out, take details of any minor amendments and action appropriately
- Engross all documents prior to a client appointment by checking the diary daily
- Be aware of expected funds, notifying Accounts in advance and responding to emails from Accounts reference funds;
- Prepare LPAs and forms to register (largely independently) from the information taken by the Legal Advisor
- Ensure procedures are followed to check that all Deeds/LPAs/Wills are safely returned to store and receipts scanned in before a file is closed
- Open and create new files, as instructed by the Legal Advisor, in line with the Firm's protocols
- Assist the Legal Advisor, or any other fee earners with any aspect of file management, as requested
- Attend to clients confidently, both on the phone and in person, accurately recording any messages and passing on to the appropriate person without delay
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to support other team members
- Communicate effectively within and across teams
- Demonstrate punctuality
- Undertake any additional duties which from time to time may be requested
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and database administration.
- Good basic knowledge of practice areas.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- A minimum of 60WPM.
- Good audio skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Client focused.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Courteous and professional.
To apply, please contact Chris Morgan on: 01684 216777 / firstname.lastname@example.org